It appears Columbia is expanding its presence here in Whatcom County (see press release below). Currently the bank has an office in the Cordata/Meridian area.
Columbia Bank has hired two new commercial banking teams with three executives in Everett and four in Bellingham. Spearheaded by new Senior Vice President and Northern Regional Manager Dennis Joines, the teams were developed to further the availability of Columbia Bank’s expertise in commercial banking to the north Puget Sound region.
Joines offers more than 35 years of experience in the industry, having held numerous executive-level roles with national, regional and community banks.
“Dennis has done a wonderful job of recruiting top banking talent from around Snohomish, Whatcom and Skagit Counties,” said Melanie Dressel, president and CEO of Columbia Bank in a press release. “Each of our new team members brings valuable experience, gained in notable financial institutions around Puget Sound. Their collective experience is a valuable asset to the communities of both Everett and Bellingham.”
Sue Cedergreen, SVP, team leader of the Bellingham group brings 30 years of experience to her new position. Managing a team of three, Cedergreen oversees:
– Chris Fowler, VP, customer relationship manager, brings 11 years of industry expertise to his new position.
– Erin Baras has five years of commercial banking experience.
– Violet Martinson has 35 years of expertise in the north Puget Sound region.
Steve Hoekstra, SVP, team leader in Everett, has held commercial banking positions in the north Puget Sound region for more than 30 years. He manages a team of two, including:
– Dennis Carlin, has 10 years of industry experience in the Puget Sound region.
– Amy Phan, has eight years of banking in the region to support the efforts of the team.