The beginning of the holidays reminds us all to share our love throughout these darker days ahead. As I write this week I couldn’t resist making a list. These are some of the items that I am grateful for and they get me through the winter.
1. We can put off voting for a while.
2. The weather has been fairly good.
3. There are still apples on some of the trees.
4. There are cold crops growing in sheltered areas.
5. The deciduous trees have opened up a view.
6. Our library system is awesome.
7. Access to information is amazing.
8. We live in a free country.
9. There are a lot of good movies to watch.
10. People are fascinating.
11. Cell phones bring us together.
12. Clothing is more comfortable than it use to be.
13. Changing seasons keep life interesting.
14. Friends are adoptable.
15. We can choose between mass transit and independent transportation.
16. We have clean water, as much as we want.
17. We have clean air, washed by the rain.
18. We can indulge in hobbies and learning experiences.
19. We need only ask to receive support from others.
20. But mostly we have a culture that promotes creativity.
I hope you all have a fabulous holiday and are able to share your bounty with everyone you come in contact with, be they family, friends or strangers.
“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh