By Ralph Schwartz
Precinct committee officers for the Whatcom County Republican Party met on Saturday, Dec. 8 to elect new leaders to two-year terms.
Here’s a rundown of new officers and who they succeeded:
- Chairman: Charlie Crabtree took the gavel as new county chairman immediately after being elected. He ran unopposed. He replaced Luanne Van Werven.
- Vice chairwoman: Eileen Sobjack, replacing Bill Crawford
- State committeeman: Greg Brown, replacing Crabtree
- State committeewoman: Van Werven, replacing Anne Culbertson
- Treasurer: Terry Cox, reelected
- Secretary: J.R. Johnson, replacing Brenda Hofherr
Saturday’s ballots, voted on by 105 GOP precinct committee officers, included the rest of the executive board. In addition to the six officers, above, the board consists of 10 Republicans from Bellingham and five from each county council district, for a total of 31.
Also elected was the new chairman of the 42nd Legislative District, Ryan McKee.
I’ve been told Whatcom County Democrats will elect new leadership next month.
A version of this ran online under “Local News.”