These Western Washington University students, who come from Bellingham, have been given scholarships for the 2012-13 school year.
- Jordyn Lynnea LeBlonde, daughter of Jim LeBlonde and Donna Janigo of Bellingham, received a $500 Holzman Biology Scholarship and the $6,153 June and Charles Ross Undegraduate and Graduate Scholarship. She is a junior majoring in marine biology.
- Luciana Prada, daughter of Jaime Prada and Ada Nubia Montalvo of Bellingham, received the $1,000 Dr. Ralph and Mrs. Eleanor Rinne Scholarship Endowment and the $2,000 Knapman Chemistry Scholarship. She is a sophomore majoring in biochemistry.
- Stefan Brae Weiss, son of Jack Weiss of Bellingham and Susanne Weiss of Marcola, Ore., received a $2,000 Donald Moon Scholarship. He is a senior in Western’s Plastics Engineering Technology and Vehicle Engineering Technology programs.
- Anna Rosemary Harris, daughter of Timothy and Ellen Harris of Bellingham, received a $2,500 August and Carol Radke Endowment. The endowment is awarded to a graduate of Sehome High School for his or her freshman year at Western.
- Bellingham resident Sally Hansen Herbst was awarded the $500 Bonnie J. Barthold Award.
- Julie Anne Maurer, daughter of Jeffrey and Diane Maurer of Bellingham, received a $466 Facilities Management Scholarship Endowment. She is an incoming freshman hoping to major in biochemistry.